The 21st century is all about convenience. Companies like AT&T understand that, which is why they offer many different ways to pay your bill. So, if you’re looking for a way to pay your AT&T bills online, then you are exactly where you need to be. In this article, I am going to talk about different ways to pay your AT&T bills and how you can ensure that it gets paid on time.
To pay your AT&T bills online, follow these steps:
- Visit https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/passthrough/makepayment.
- Login to your AT&T account.
- After that, select “Go to Bill & Payments.” option from the screen.
- If you have multiple accounts, select the one from which you want to pay your AT&T bill.
- You will see the previous bill activity and the current bill. You can expand sections to view additional details.
- To pay your AT&T bill, select “Make a payment” option from this screen.
- This will take you to another page where you can make online payments through different methods like debit or credit cards (Visa, American Express, Discover), checking accounts etc. Enter your billing details and make payment.
And you are done. Your AT&T bill gets paid on time.
Keep reading this article to learn about more ways to pay your AT&T bill.
First things first. Let’s talk a little about AT&T.
AT&T is one of the world’s leading service providers and has been serving customers for over 100 years now. AT&T offers a wide range of services to its customers, primarily wireless service, Internet, and home phone. AT&T also provides T.V. entertainment through satellite technology. It is the world’s largest provider of pay-TV, with over 25 million customers across the globe. In addition, AT&T has extended its services to different countries across the globe.
Services Offered By AT&T
Now that you know about AT&T let’s talk a little about what all services AT&T offers.
AT&T provides two types of wireless service, i.e., Mobile Service and Home Phone or Internet & T.V. service (home phone or Internet is provided through DSL technology). The main features offered by the company include unlimited data transfer for mobile devices, unlimited calling to Mexico and Canada, etc. But, first, let’s point out the services offered by the company:
- High-speed internet service at different speeds (up to 100 Mbps).
- TV entertainment through satellite technology with HD channels and DVR support. – Phone plans for individuals as well as small businesses.
- AT&T wireless services, with LTE coverage across the United States and Mexico.
- Voice Over LTE (VOLTE) support.
- International roaming services with over 200 overseas travel destinations.
How To Pay Your AT&T Bills?
Paying your AT&T bill is easy, but the different ways of paying your bills may confuse you a bit. In this section, I am going to cover all the methods one by one. Then, choose the one that works best for you.
Pay Your AT&T Bills On Phone
What is cooler than paying for your phone bill on your phone? I guess nothing!
You can pay for your AT&T bill by phone by calling customer care and providing your account details.
- Automated Voice Call: You can make an automated call to the customer care number, provide your account information and make the payment. (The charge is completely free of cost). The automated payment system accepts most major credit/debit cards, however you can also pay through checking accounts. You just need to provide your routing and account numbers for the same.
- By speaking with an agent: If you aren’t comfortable making an automated phone call or don’t have time then another way is to speak with an agent. Call the customer care number to speak with an agent and make your payment through credit/debit cards or checking accounts over phone.
For wireless services, call on 800.331.0500 (or 611 from your wireless phone)
And for the remaining services, call 800.288.2020
-Pay AT&T Bills Online
Just like every other company, AT&T also provides customers with an online payment portal to make payments. You can quickly enter your billing details and make a payment.
To pay your AT&T bills online, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and visit https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/passthrough/makepayment.
- Now, login to your AT&T account with your credentials.
- Click the 3-bar menu to see different options on your screen. Among them, select “Billing & Payments.”
- In case you have multiple accounts, its time for you to select the one you want to pay your bill for.
- You should see the previous bill activity and the current bill on your screen now. If you want to see more details, you can expand sections and view additional information.
- To pay your bill, select the “Make a Payment” option from the screen.
- Here, enter your billing information and make a payment. If you want to pay your bill with a credit card, debit cards like Visa, MasterCard or American Express will be accepted.
So, that’s it. Your payment will be processed, and your bill will get updated.
You can also pay for your AT&T bills in person at any of their authorized store or service center. You just need to provide the billing documents along with the payment so that you don’t have paying problems later on.
Before making a trip, call up customer care and ask them about the nearest service center.
Yes! You can also pay for your AT&T bills via mail if you don’t want to visit their stores or call up customer care centers.
Here, you will need to provide some information like account number, etc., so that they can process your payment. You can also attach your bills and make the payment with a check.
I have looked for the addresses for each of the AT&T services and mentioned them below:
- P.O. Box 6416
- Carol Stream, IL 60197-6416
DIRECTV on att.com, U-verse® TV, and digital phone
- P.O. Box 5014
- Carol Stream, IL 60197-5014
DIRECTV on directv.com
- P.O. Box 5006
- Carol Stream, IL 60197-5006
DSL and home phone
- P.O. Box 5080
- Carol Stream, IL 60197-5080
With Autopay, you can automatically deduct your monthly AT&T bill from a checking or savings account. Just select this option while making payments, and you are done.
Visit https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1009352 to learn more.
So, this is all about the different ways to pay your AT&T bills. I personally prefer enabling Autopay since it saves time and energy. Since enabling Autopay, I dont have to worry about my bills, and I always get the alerts on time.
If you don’t want to use Autopay, it’s okay because you have many other alternatives. Go with the one you feel is comfortable.
Additionally, you can also call up customer care and ask them for help with your bill payment options and the process of making a payment. They will guide you accordingly so that there are no difficulties later on.
In case of any issues or errors while making a payment, contact the AT&T support team immediately!
How To Change Or Cancel Your AT&T Payment?
If you choose to pay your AT&T bills online, you can cancel or change the payment under specific circumstances. For example, if you have scheduled payment for a future date, then you can simply update the details and reschedule it.
However, you can not cancel or change any payments made with any other services.
To change or cancel the payment that has been scheduled for the future in online bill payment, you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your att.com account with your credentials;
- Then click on “View my bills” option present at the right side of the screen;
- Here, select “Current bill” and go to “Payment Activity” section; You will see upcoming payments for different dates here. Select the one you want to update and click on “Change Payment;”
- Here, enter new information for future payment like checking/savings account number etc.;
- Finally, save the changes by clicking “Update.”
That’s that. I hope you didn’t face any issues while changing or canceling your plans.
Pay Your AT&T Bills On Time
AT&T provides top-notch service to its customers. So, it’s the user’s responsibility to pay the bill on time, too, right? When AT&T has never compromised on providing you quality services, why should you?
AT&T always provides you with a grace period before your bill is generated. You can pay bills within this time frame, or you can choose to let the due date come closer and make payment accordingly.
You should always try to pay for your bills on time as there are many benefits of doing so:
- It will help avoid late charges, which could be up to $38, and you will also get a credit on your next bill.
- You can avoid missing out on discounts that might be available for paying bills within the grace period.
- You can also avoid getting disconnected when you are in the middle of a billing cycle.
Please keep checking the official website of AT&T to keep yourself updated with all changes in their terms and conditions so that you don’t have any issues later on!
If you have missed any payments in the past and don’t want to miss them again, go ahead with the autopay option. This way, there are lesser chances of missing a payment! If you miss a payment again, you might have to pay for additional charges, and I am sure everyone doesn’t want that.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Q: What Is The Grace Period?
A: It’s a time frame within which you can pay your bills without any charges. Usually, this period varies from 15 to 30 days depending on the different services and packages you have chosen.
Q: How To Get An Extension On Your Due Date?
A: If you want some extra time to pay your bills, call customer care and ask them about the same. They will help you with this process for sure!
Q: What Happens If I Don’t Pay My Bill Within Grace Period?
A: You might have to pay penalties or late fees, and your services might get disconnected too.
So, with this, I am wrapping up the blog post. I hope you got to know the whole process of making a payment for your AT&T services!
If there are any changes or updates in terms and conditions, then make sure that you visit their official website to avoid issues later on.
Do let me know if this helped? Also, can you share your experience while making a payment for AT&T services? I would love to hear it!
Have a fantastic day ahead!!