You may have your reasons for wanting to delete your JPay account. Whether you want to delete your account because you have found a better service or don’t need it anymore, I have come up with a guide on deleting your JPay account. The process is not that difficult, but you have to follow the steps carefully for it not to be an issue.
To delete your JPay account, follow these steps:
- Open a webbrowser and visit the official website of Jpay.
- Now, login to your JPay account by entering your email and password.
- In the dashboard, go to “My Account” section by clicking on it.
- After that, click on “Payment Methods” link which is located under the “Account” tab in this same page.
- Finally, select the button that says “DELETE”, and voila you have successfully deleted your JPay account.
Keep reading this article to find more ways of deleting your JPay account in detail.
Overview Of JPay
Let’s start off by giving you a brief overview of JPay. JPay is a financial service that enables you to send money and make payments in the JPay system. JPay is specially created for incarcerated people who want to send money or make a payment from their prison cell.
JPay provides various services like money transfer, video visitation, and emailing prisoners. Besides these services, JPay also has a music service that you can use to listen to and download the songs of your choice. Thus, JPay is an excellent service if you are in prison and want to stay connected with your family members.
Before Deleting JPay Account
Before you delete your JPay account, you have to figure out why you want to do so. Thus, ask yourself “why” and answer it honestly. Your reason should only be because of the fact that you are not using this service anymore or have found a better one in its place.
Otherwise, if there is no specific reason for deleting your JPay account, then there is no point in doing so. Remember that once you delete your Jpay account permanently, it cannot be recovered back again and will become a waste of time if there isn’t a specific reason for deleting it.
However, I happen nobody to tell you whether to delete your account or not. So, it’s your choice to either delete it or not, but just make sure that you are doing the right thing.
How To Delete Your JPay Account?
Now, let’s get to the point. Like most financial and online services, JPay also has a “delete” option for removing your account from the system. You can delete your Jpay account in four different ways:
- on website
- on app
- VIA EMAIL
- Over a call
Let’s discuss all the four different ways of deleting your JPay account in detail.
You can visit the official website of JPay and make changes to your account. The process is straightforward and requires no special knowledge. So, let’s get going.
Here is what you need to do:
- First of all, open a web browser and go to Jpay.com.
- Now, log into your JPay account by entering the email address and password that you have created when signing up.
- Click on the “My Account” option which is located in the top navigation bar of the website.
- After that click on the “Payment Methods” link which is located under the “Account” tab.
- Finally, choose the option of “Delete” and your Jpay account will be deleted in no time!
JPay has its app, which can be used to access all your services and perform various operations. Thus, if you want to delete your JPay account on the go, then use its app.
Here is how:
- First of all, download the official Jpay app from playstore or App Store by searching for it in search bar.
- After that, open the app and enter your Jpay username and password to login.
- After successful login, click on the icon of three vertical dots which is located at top right corner in order to access “My Account” option.
- Now, click on “Payment Methods” link that you see under “Account” tab of this page.
- Finally, click on the “Delete” button and you have successfully deleted your JPay account!
-Using Contact Form
Jpay has a contact form on its website, which can be used to get in touch with the JPay customer service team. Thus, if you do not want to go through the hassle of using your phone or email, then use this contact form!
Here is what you need to do:
- Visit https://www.jpay.com/contactform.aspx.
- Enter your first and last name in the appropriate fields, email address.
- Now, enter a brief description about you wanting to delete your Jpay account.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button and your request will be sent to customer service team of JPay!
JPay Team will get in touch with you via email or phone to proceed further.
This is another simple yet effective way of deleting a JPay account from its system. Emailing service is a common way these days, and it is the same with JPay. You just need to compose an email to them requesting your account deletion.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open your email account that is registered with the JPay system.
- Now, compose an email and enter the official email address of Jpay which is support@JPay.com as recipient in “To” field of your mail client (Outlook, Gmail etc.).
- In the Subject section, type “REQUEST TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT.”
- Now write an email requesting them to delete your account from their database and to wipe all your information with them.
- Send this email and wait for some time.
You are likely to get a response from the JPay team within a few hours. So, be patient and wait until you get a response. Dont hesitate to send the email again if you do not get a response.
-Over A Call
You can also contact JPay customer service via telephone and request them to delete your account from their system. This is a sure-shot way of deleting your JPay account, so you should try it.
Just give them a call on their phone number and get in touch with them.
They will ask for your account details, such as email address, username, etc., which you used while signing up for the JPay system. Please give them the required information so that they can delete your account from within their system.
After You Delete Your JPay Account:
Once you delete your JPay account, you can no longer log in to your previous account. Thus all the information that was contained in your old Jpay account will be lost, and it is impossible to recover them once they are deleted from the system.
If you change your mind and want to reactivate your account, then you have to sign up again and create a new JPay account.
Furthermore, you will not be able to access any of the once available services in your former JPay account. So, it’s better to think twice before you hit the delete button.
Can You Recover JPay Account Once You Delete It?
There is not a clear statement on the JPay website about this. But, what I know is it’s almost impossible to recover the JPay account once you delete it. I have not come across a single person who was able to recover their account once they deleted it. And I am sure you will not be the first one!
However, if there is any future change, they might provide an option to reactivate your old Jpay account, but at present, this is not possible!
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
I guess you have some questions in your mind about how to delete the JPay account, so let’s try and answer them here.
Q: If I Delete JPay Account Will My Inmate Be Disconnected?
A: No! Your inmate will continue getting their services while you are not there to access the system via computer or phone. So dont worry about the inmate.
Q: How Can I Delete JPay Account If My Inmate Has It?
A: You can’t delete it for your inmate, but you can definitely get their account deleted by contacting the customer service team of jpay or contact them through email, and then they will do that task for you! So, dont worry about this question.
Is It Possible To View All My Transactions Made On The Account After Deleting It?
No, you cannot do that. Once your account is deleted, all the information related to it will be lost forever, and there will not be any record of transactions made on the account by anyone!
Can I Take A Screenshot Of The Account Before Deleting It?
Yes, absolutely. You can take screenshots at any point in time, and they will serve as records of your account till deletion.
So, this was all about how to delete the JPay account.
If you follow all the steps mentioned in the article, you will not have any problem deleting your JPay account. However, if you still face an issue or get confused somewhere while following the steps above, please feel free to ask me via the comments section below!
I would love to help out my fellow readers and give them a hand whenever they need it. So dont hesitate to ask any questions, and I will be happy to help you out!