Facebook (now Meta) is the world’s largest social media app, with thousands of users. I am sure Facebook counts as the first media application we all used before Instagram, Whatsapp, TikTok, etc. It is one of the most versatile platforms for people of all ages. Facebook always tries and provides updated and advanced versions, like the Facebook Touch.
Facebook Touch is a leading Facebook app developed by H5 applications for touchscreen phones in 2009. Facebook Touch was developed to make the original Facebook app user-friendly, faster, and reliable for smartphones. The most admirable features are improved graphics and smooth running even at less bandwidth.
Facebook touch is essentially a webpage that provides a better interface to the users and a better experience of Facebook to its users.
This article will dwell on all aspects of Facebook Touch, including downloading it, using it, its features and limitations, etc.
What Is Facebook Touch?
Facebook Touch is a sophisticated Facebook app developed by H5 applications. It was developed in 2009 as an extended version of the original Facebook. It was designed for touch smartphones to make Facebook more mobile-friendly.
Facebook Touch works similar to the previous app, but it has more advanced features and advantages. However, Facebook Touch looks like a mobile version of the Facebook website; it is more efficient with a smoother user interface and enhanced graphics.
Hence, Facebook Touch is nothing more than an alternative to the Facebook app with more advanced features.
Why Was It Developed?
Facebook Touch was developed essentially to aid people using touchscreen smartphones. The Android and iOS apps were a major hit in the market. So, the question arises as to why Facebook Touch was developed.
Facebook Touch is more user-friendly than Facebook. Thus, it can serve different people with different tastes. Moreover, since the use of smartphones is increasing day by day, Facebook Touch serves a better purpose for the Facebook app for its users.
Facebook created two efficient mobile versions so that members can have access to the platform through either browser or the app in case something happens.
How Is Facebook Touch Different From Facebook App?
Facebook Touch and the Facebook app serve the same purpose. However, there are certain differences between them. The differences are listed as follows:
- One major difference between the two is that Facebook Touch has a better user interface than the Facebook app.
- The web address for Facebook is https://m.facebook.com. At the same time, the web address for Touch is http://touch.facebook.com.
- Facebook Touch has higher-quality images with a better display, while the Facebook app has comparatively displayed low-quality images.
- Facebook Touch doesn’t require much data and can be used on a slow Internet connection, unlike the Facebook app.
- Facebook Touch is more advanced than the app because Touch is designed for smartphones. The resolution of a typical Facebook app degrades when launched on a smartphone.
Hence, these are the basic differences between Facebook Touch and the app.
How To Download Facebook Touch On Your Device?
You cannot download the Facebook Touch application from your App Store or Play Store. To download Facebook Touch, you need an APK file. After download, the usage is the same as the regular Facebook, but with enhanced features and quality.
You can download Facebook Touch as follows:
Step 1: Go to app settings on your phone and change authorization settings. Allow installation from unknown sources.
Step 2: Go to the Internet browser and search for Facebook Touch.
Step 3: Choose the right APK file, agree to the terms and conditions, and download it.
Step 4: Once you have downloaded it, click the install button to install the application.
Step 5: Once installed, launch and enjoy!
Facebook Touch functions as a webpage, but it is an application. If you do not like to access it through a web address, you can use it by adding your profile to the home screen. That way, you can have easy access to the webpage of your Touch profile without installing the application.
The method is different for Android and iOS:
- Go to your Internet browser and open the Facebook Touch Webpage
- Then, go to the browser menu, which is the three dots on the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen option and confirm
- It will provide a new shortcut to log in and use your account on your home screen.
- First, open the Safari browser, and search Facebook Touch Web
- Then, click on the right pointed arrow with the address box and drop down
- Tap on Add to Home Screen and confirm.
- Then, your browser will close and display the home screen with a shortcut.
What Are The Features Of Facebook Touch?
What makes Facebook Touch better than the regular Facebook app? There are multiple reasons why Facebook Touch has preferred a Facebook app on smartphones.
The features are as follows:
Facebook Touch’s interface is streamlined for touchscreen. It is beginner-friendly as you can adjust the interface as per need. For example, you can remove the menu button to allow the Touch to fill your entire screen.
Facebook Touch is the right option if you have a slow internet connection. There is no lag and pictures; video media load faster than the app. It also uses fewer data.
Facebook Touch loads better media. Touch will load up better videos, pictures, and other media versions. It portrays a higher resolution of the media posted than the Facebook app, which sometimes loads grainy pictures.
Lowered Battery And Memory Needs
Facebook Touch is web page-based, meaning it will run on any Internet browser. Touch doesn’t eat up your battery, RAM, and memory like the app does.
Facebook Touch is more inclusive. It comes in both app and web versions. Similarly, the accessibility of chats, groups and pages is better.
Hence, these features make Facebook Touch more advanced than the regular Facebook app.
What Are The Limitations?
Although Touch has more advanced features, it isn’t without its limitations.
- Many people do not know about Facebook Touch, so that the switch can be difficult.
- Facebook created Facebook Touch in 2009. So, certainly, the Facebook app is super-updated now, and Touch is considered an older version of it.
- Since it lacks SSL encryption, it makes Touch less safe and secure.
- Facebook Touch was developed when Smartphones were evolving. Hence, it cannot be optimized for the bigger displays that all modern smartphones carry.
- The desktop version of Facebook Touch is hardly used by anyone today.
Therefore, we can see that Facebook Touch has more advantages than disadvantages. The choice is yours!
How To Switch Off Notifications On Facebook Touch?
We agree that Facebook sends many notifications, and we don’t enjoy that. But, the good news is that you can turn off notifications on the Facebook app and Facebook Touch.
Here’s a step-wise guide on how to turn off notifications:
Open Settings on your phone
Scroll down till you find Apps and Notifications, then tap on it.
Then, find the Facebook Touch app and tap on it.
After that, click on the Notification tab and disable it.
Following these steps will keep you away from the silly distractions of Facebook Touch notifications.
How To Access Account Info And Privacy Settings?
Access to Account Information and Privacy Settings is a different procedure across the Facebook web and the Facebook Touch app.
It is easier to access these with Facebook Touch than with regular Facebook. The procedure is as follows:
- First, open your app. If you have not downloaded it, follow the steps mentioned above and open the app.
- Then, log into your account. Once you launch the app, it will ask for your username or phone number and the password. If you do not have an account, you can create one by signing up.
- After you log in, you will see the homepage. You will see a Hamburger icon on the top right corner, i.e., three lines. Tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap on Help and Setting, and then on Settings.
- Now, you can see your account information, preferences, visibility, permissions, and many more.
You can now access your account information and edit your privacy settings.
Is Facebook Touch Worth Using?
Facebook Touch was developed for smartphones. It gives a higher resolution display and has a better user-friendly interface. So, if you like this convenience, Facebook Touch is worth a shot.
However, switching to Touch can be difficult for someone who has been using the original Facebook app for a long time. But, this doesn’t mean that you should not use it at all.
Facebook Touch makes the Facebook experience faster and smoother. So if you have a smartphone, I would say that it is worth using.
Here are answers to some most frequently asked questions on Facebook Touch that I found on the Internet.
Where Can I Download Facebook Touch?
As mentioned above, you won’t find Facebook Touch in your App or Play Store. So instead, go to your browser and download it from a reliable APK file to download Facebook Touch.
Can I Send Messages On Facebook Touch?
To send direct messages on Facebook Touch, you need a Messenger app that you can easily get in the play store or app store. It is a good platform for texts, audio, and video calls with your friends and groups.
Therefore, Facebook Touch is a better alternative to the regular Facebook app. It uses less internet, battery, and storage and gives you better usage and interface with high-quality images and videos. In addition, Facebook Touch was built for smartphones.
It is also important to know that smartphones have evolved, but Facebook Touch hasn’t changed much since 2009. Facebook constantly works on upgrading and improving the app so that Facebook Touch can be a risky choice.
Facebook in itself is a good source that works for the convenience of its users. Any version would be best if you worked on it.
I hope this article helps you choose between the app and Facebook Touch.