Did anyone scold you for not replying to their Telegram messages? It sounds like a small issue, but at times it can even ruin your relationship too. I was also in this situation many times. So I know exactly how it feels like when you get scolded for not replying to their messages after seeing it. But, guess what? I have come up with the best solution for it.
You don’t need to worry; I’m here with you. There are few tricks that anyone can use to read telegram messages without being seen. Some of these are viewing messages via lock-screen notification, virtual assistance, and a drop-down notification menu that can help you to see telegram messages without anyone’s concern. However, changing the privacy setting of the ‘Telegram’ app is the easiest and fastest among all tips to read Telegram messages without a seen mark. You can simply do this by.
Open ‘Telegram’ then Settings > Privacy and Security > Last Seen. Now change the last seen option to nobody.
In this article, I will explain how to read Telegram messages without being seen with the proper steps and many more. Through some easy “tricks and tips,” you literally can prevent your contacts from knowing when you read the messages they send in your telegram. By applying this, you will be all set to view the messages without them seeing the “double ticks” in the chat: So, without getting any further delay, let’s get started.
What is Telegram?
Telegram is a popular instant online messaging application with more speed and security. Pavel Durov is the owner and founder of Telegram, which has more than 500 million users worldwide. It is really quick- your recipient gets the message as quickly as you click the send button.
Tips to read Telegram Message without being seen
Different operating systems/devices need different settings for viewing telegram messages without a seen mark. So let’s have a closer look at the following steps;
Read Message by enabling Airplane mode.
In this method, every time you want to view a Telegram message without a seen mark, you have to enable airplane mode. Both android and iOS/iPad users can easily use the following tip.
Steps for Android
Here are the steps to Read Telegram Message without being seen by enabling Airplane mode for Android Device.
- First, unlock your device, then the home screen appears.
- Swipe the screen from top to bottom. You will see the notification panel on your screen.
- Now, tap on the “airplane” icon. This will enable the airplane mode of your device. Once the airplane mode is enabled, you will see the icon light up.
Note: Some devices may use a label instead of an “airplane” icon.
- Now, Open the “Telegram” App and read the message.
Don’t worry! The message will not be marked as the device’s network connection is turned off in airplane mode.
- After the reading is completed, Shutdown the Telegram App.
Note: To be 100% sure the Telegram App does not mark messages as seen, you can clear the App data of “Telegram” too.
- Now, connect to the data connection once again.
Steps for iOS/iPad
You can enable airplane mode on iOs/iPad by applying the following steps.
- To enable the airplane mode on iOS/iPad, swipe the screen from bottom to top, then a notification panel will appear.
- In the notification section, tap on the “Airplane mode” icon. Now your device is in airplane mode.
- Open the “Telegram” app and read the received message.
- After the reading is complete, shut down the App, and reconnect your data connection by turning ‘airplane’ mode off.
- Now, no seen mark will be sent to the recipient.
Note: Remember, every time you have to view the telegram messages, you need to enable airplane mode on your device.
Read Message From the Lock screen
One of the best ways to see the telegram message is from the lock screen. You can use this tip for both android and ios devices.
Steps for Android
Below are the three easy steps that will help you to read telegram messages from the lock screen of your device.
- First of all, go to the “Settings” app, then search for the notification section.
- Tap on the notification section. You will see a list of all Apps that are installed on your device.
- Now, tap on the“Telegram” icon and make sure to turn on the toggle.
- Then, go back to the setting interface and tap on the “Lockscreen” section.
- Make sure that the switch side by “notification” button is on.
Now every time you receive a message in telegram, you can easily view the telegram message from the lock screen of your device.
Steps for iOS/ iPad
By applying the following steps, you can simply view the telegram message through the lock screen in iOs/iPad devices.
- First of all, open the “Settings” of your device.
- Launch the app configurations and press the item “Notifications”.
- Now tap on “Telegram”.
- Next, make sure that the switch located on Enable notifications moves towards ON (otherwise move it yourself) and put the checkmark on the items Screen lock, Notification Center in the section “Notifications”.
- Then tap on the item “Show preview” and select the option Always (default).
Now, whenever you receive a new message on Telegram, you will view it in a lock screen, without a need to open the “Telegram” app.
Read Message through Virtual Assistance
Another way of viewing Telegram messages without the seen mark is by using virtual assistants, i.e., google assistant for android and Siri for iOS/ iPad.
Steps for Android
You can easily access virtual assistance on your android device by applying the below steps.
- Firstly, unlock your phone if it’s locked.
- Open the “Google” app from your device.
- Tap on the ”More” option from the bottom navigation menu.
- Tap the “Setting” icon from the list and then enable google assistant simply by turning the toggle on.
- Now, as your google assistant is on, you can launch it anytime by pressing and holding the ‘home button’ for a few seconds.
Note: If google assistant is not functioning well or you did not find google assistant in the google app, you have to update the ‘Google’ from the play store.
- As Google Assistant opens up, speak out the command ‘Read the last message from Telegram.’
Note: Make sure your data connection is enabled before you try to use google assistance.
After this, you don’t need to take any worries, google assistant will read out the telegram message without physically opening the telegram app.
Steps for iOS/iPad
Simply, you can follow the below steps to enable Virtual assistance(Siri) in your device.
- Swipe the screen from bottom to top; the notification panel will appear.
Note: Make sure to unlock your device first if you haven’t.
- Now, tap the “Wifi”’ or “Data” icon. Your internet connection will be enabled.
- Then, press and hold the home screen button for a few seconds to launch Siri on your device.
- As soon as Siri appears, speak out the command ‘Read the last message from Telegram.’ Now, Siri will read out the received Telegram message.
Note: While using Siri, it even asks you ‘whether you want to answer the message or not.’ So the ultimate decision lies up to you.
Read Telegram messages from the notification drop-down menu
Another way of viewing the telegram message without seen is from the notification drop-down menu
Steps for Android
To enable the notification drop-down menu in your android device, simply apply the following steps.
- First of all, go to the “settings” app of your device.
- Under the notification section, tap on “Apps and notification.”
- Now, look for the “Telegram” app and tap it. You will see a list of options there.
- Enable the “Pop on-screen” option by switching the sliding to the right.
- Now, return to the home screen by pressing the home button.
- Tap the “Telegram” icon.
- Then, tap on the menu panel, then go to Settings> Notifications and sound.
- Note: Mostly, you will see the menu panel in the top-most left corner.
- Now in the “Notification and sounds” section, turn the “notification” toggle on for chats, i.e., private channels.
Note: The sliding will be blue once the toggle is one.
Steps for iOS/ iPad
For enabling the notification drop-down menu on iOs/iPad, go through the below steps.
- Open your device’s “Setting” App.
- Under the “Setting section,” tap on the “Notification” icon
- Now, tap on the “Telegram” icon. You will land on Telegram’s Notifications Settings section where you can do different notification setups as per your need.
- Enable the “Allow Notification” icon by tapping the sliding green.
- Now, return to the home screen and open the “Telegram” app.
- In the Telegram home screen, tap on the “Setting” icon.
Note: You will find settings in the lower right corner in the telegram.
- Then search for ‘notification and sound’ and tap it. Now the “Notification” section will appear.
- Tap on the “Notification” section and turn the toggle on.
After completion of the above steps, whenever you receive a new message on Telegram, you can easily view it through the notification drop-down menu.
10 Coolest Features of Telegram that Every User must know
To use and manage your telegram more efficiently, just go through the following tips.
Add nearby people
Telegram now has a new feature that allows you to add a telegram user and groups based on your location. With this feature, you can add someone to your telegram without sharing a mobile number.
- First, open the Telegram menu and go to “Contacts.”
- Click on “Add People Nearby,” and people nearby will be connected with you.
- And to allow other users to add you, you have to turn on the “Make Me Visible” option in the telegram.
Edit sent messages
This feature almost makes Telegram unique compared to other social applications. Telegram even allows you to re-correct or edit the sent message, even after the delivery. Isn’t it so cool?
- Select the message and click on the “Edit” icon which you can find at the top
- Now you can easily edit the message
Note: You can only edit messages up to almost 48 hours after sending them.
One of the coolest features of the telegram is silent messages. With this feature on, you can send the message to your friends without disturbing others. Even if the recipient has not turned on DND, the message will not pop up with sound and any vibration.
- Type the message first.
- Now tap and hold the “Send” button.
- Then click on“Send without sound” from the option” and you are done.
With this feature on, you don’t have to be available 24 hours in telegram. As not everyone can be available every time in their busy time, scheduling messages is the best feature among all. To enable it, just press and hold the send button. Then choose ‘Schedule message’ and choose your preferred date and time.
Animated stickers to image/video
With the recent update of Telegram, you can add different, amazing animated stickers to images and videos, too. Everyone loves animated stickers, as they add up emotion/feeling in the conversion also. Now, with this feature, you can make animated stickers using your image and video by yourself.
Fast GIF and youtube search
Just type @gif or @youtube and enter your query in a search bar. With this feature, you can easily search the required query instantly on your telegram without leaving it.
Quiz and Poll Mode
In Telegram, you can now create a quiz and poll mode in the conversation. This kind of feature helps you to connect with your recipient more deeply. To create it, go through the “attachment” icon and select the “Polls” menu.
Disallow Random People to add you in Groups
Have you ever felt like discontinuing using telegram just because of the disturbance of random group chat messages? If so, you don’t need to worry about it from now on. With this feature, you can disable others to add you up in the group chat.
- Just go to the telegram setting menu and then Privacy and Security
- Search “Groups” and click on “My Contacts” and then select all the users of the telegram to “Never Allow.”
Turn Off Notifications for Individual Contacts
I bet you all have that one person that irritates us by sending too many messages. All thanks to Telegram, now we can silence such people.
- Open the chat and tap on the profile photo of the contact.
- Then, click on Notifications and mute the contact for some time or forever. The decision lies up to your choice.
Easily Changeable mobile numbers feature
Want to change the mobile number attached to your account? Now you can easily change your attached mobile number with a new one without losing any previous chats.
- Go to the telegram setting and tap on your mobile number.
- Now just follow the guidelines, and you will be all done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my Telegram messages showing unread?
If you are constantly getting notifications of unread text messages that don’t exist, it’s usually due to your app’s cached or saved data. Often these issues get fixed up by clearing cached/saved data or getting a new message from a recipient.
What does One check and Two Check Mean on Telegram?
In a telegram, one check simply means the message is delivered to the Telegram cloud, and your recipient has been informed. In contrast, two checks mean that your friend has opened a telegram and saw the message.
There are a lot of social messaging platforms like Viber, Instagram, Twitter, and so on. But I love using the Telegram app, as it comes with loads of cool features. I really hope you know a lot about the Telegram app by now, and this article helped you a lot. “The more you know about something, the easier it becomes.” So keep on using telegram, and those who haven’t installed it can simply install the Telegram app by visiting the play store for Android devices / App store for iOS/iPad devices.