Lyft is a ride-sharing service launched in 2012 as an alternative to the ancient taxi services and quick replacement to the ride hurdles. This was aimed to emphasize on use of smartphones in multiple ways and hence carried out the concept of using smartphone applications to request a ride. The driver and passenger are matched through the app, and an alert wakes the passenger when the driver comes to the desired location.
As the drivers can use their vehicle, passengers can book a ride through their phones, and passage can make payment through the app; it has flourished to hundred of cities in North America and different countries with various names. However, you must be at least 18 yeast old to book a ride, and the age limit for a Lyft driver is 21. Here is a step-by-step guideline if you want to delete your Lyft account through their website:
- First, open Lyft Support Page on your device through any browser you use.
- Then, click on one of the options as “I’m a passenger or driver” based on your account.
- Next, select “Profile and Account Settings.”
- After that, select “Delete My Account or Unsubscribe.”
- Finally, click on “Delete My Account.”
Note: The procedure further asks for a confirmation when you need to illustrate the reason for leaving Lyft, and you must pass through a verification process. The successful deletion of the Lyft account is notified through the response from the administration within 45 days.
Features of Lyft Account
Unlike another ride-sharing platform, Lyft has certain specialties which the users must consider before deleting their Lyft account. Some of the unique features of Lyft are as follows:
- Feasibility to set your working hours
- Flexible ride routes to the nearby areas
- A practical way of earning
- High profit in the peak demand hours
- Instant income/ immediately after the service
- Directions towards the destination through the app itself
- Possibilities to rent or take a vehicle on a lease in sudden situations
- The facility of initial sign-up bonuses
Thus, you can deactivate the account whenever you want, which gets responded to but the company within 45 days, and then this gets deleted with furthermore procedures. You may reactivate this anytime if you want to be back on this ride-sharing platform. The terms of service have additional criteria which you need to know before using the platform.
However, the users must know that the information is taken for various reasons. This information is used to settle disputes (if they arise at the time of your service), collect the fees, use the Lyft platform, market analysis, etc. These are often submitted to the concerned authorities to carry out the investigation or take any legal action if the situation worsens with violation of public safety.
How To Delete Lyft Account Online?
As mentioned earlier, the only option to remove the account is to deactivate it, which appears as a deletion process on the site. You can delete this account only in the presence of a stable internet connection as you cannot use the services offline.
How to delete Lyft Account Through Email?
An email has been one of the most practical mediums to communicate for ages. As we use email to make subscriptions, reservations, submission of tasks, and so on, you can also use this to delete your Lyft account. Here is a step-by-step guideline:
- First, open any mailing platform you use like Gmail, Yahoo, outbox, and select “Compose.”
- Then, add email@example.com as the receiver.
- Next, place“ Request to Cancel My Lyft Account” as the subject of the mail.
- After that, write the account details and the reasons for canceling the subscription.
- Finally, click on “Send.”
How to delete Lyft Account Through Website?
Lyft’s website does not just show you the information about their service but guides you through using their service. It displays different terms and privacy policies which can mentor you towards each feature seen within their app and site. You can use these steps through their website to delete your Lyft account:
- First, open the Lyft Support Page through any browser on your device.
- Then, select one of the options as “I’m a passenger or driver” as per your account information.
- Next, click on “Profile and Account Settings.”
- After that, select “Delete My Account or Unsubscribe.”
- Finally, click on “Delete My Account.”
Note: You need to fill up a form after this process illustration the reason for leaving Lyft and pass through a verification process. The successful deletion of the Lyft account is notified through the response from the administration within 45 days.
How to delete Lyft Account Through Web Browser?
A rider or a driver can use these steps to delete the Lyft account through the web browser in their device if they are not used to with the mobile application:
- First, open Lyft through a web browser on your device and login if necessary.
- Then, click on the “Menu” icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
- Next, click on “Help.”
- After that, select “Profile and Account.”
- Then, select “Delete my account.”
- Next, click on “Go to Account Deletion.” This takes you to a new page to delete your account.
- After that, the site asks for a confirmation. Enter the phone number and then click on “Next.”
- Then, select “Delete my account” and click on “Start,” which begins the processing.
- Next, give a reason for leaving Lyft. You can also directly click on “Next.”
- After that, type DELETE in the text field. This acts as a confirmation.
- Finally, select “Delete Account.”
How To Delete Lyft Account Through Mobile Application?
Smartphones have made our life easier and contributed to time management. As you can find this service within your phone through the application, you can delete the Lyft account using these steps through your Lyft mobile application. It is available for both iOS and Android devices.
- First, open the Lyft application on your device and log in if necessary.
- Then, a home page appears. Tap on the three bars shown on the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, navigate and select “Help” from the menu.
- After that, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “Get Help.”
- Then, tap on “Profile and account settings.”
- Finally, tap on “Delete my account.”
A notification appears on the screen for deactivating your account. Deleting the account will be processed from now on, and it will be deleted successfully within 45 days.
How To Delete Lyft Account Of Someone Who Is Not Alive?
The information related to your account stays with Lyft whether you have an active account or not. But, deleting the account could be one of the wise solutions to avoid further dissemination of the information. Some of the practical ways to delete the Lyft account of someone who died are as follows:
- Use the personal credentials to log in to the account and delete it.
- Contact the Lyft Support system directly.
- Make a follow-up to Lyft by submitting necessary documents.
How To Download Lyft Account Data?
Keeping a copy of the data you have uploaded in your Lyft account could be a safe side in the longer run. You can follow these steps through a desktop using any web browser to download Lyft account data:
- First, open the privacy data page of Lyft through any web browser on your desktop and log in to your account (if necessary).
- Then, click on “Start” under the download data section.
- After that, a ZIP file of the data can be downloaded easily only on our desktop.
How To Delete Information From Lyft Account?
As mentioned earlier, you cannot be deleted, but you can deactivate your Lyft account. This means your name exists in the records even if you remove your profile. Therefore, deleting the information is a must before deleting the account. You can make changes to the uploaded details and profile pictures.
You can follow these steps to delete the information from your Lyft account:
- First, log in to your Lyft account through the mobile application.
- Then, tap on the “Menu” icon displayed on the top left corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on the “View Profile” option.
If you’re a driver, you can edit driver-specific info in the Driver Dashboard.
- After that, you can edit the information shown on your profile.
You can disable the Facebook mutual friends feature or turn off the device’s location as well.
Drawbacks of Lyft
- The compulsion of commercial rideshare insurance
- The economic burden on the rider/ driver
- Untimely changes in terms of services
- Difficulty to get work-based payment
- HIgh rented and maintenance cost on the new vehicles
- Difficulty to accept/reject Lyft requests
- Inability to trace passengers’ destination
Alternatives of Lyft Account
Uber is one of the highly flourished ride-sharing platforms which also works for servicing the users with food delivery, package delivery, freight transportation, couriers, and so on. Moreover, it holds a partnership with electric bicycles, Lime, and motorized scooter, which helps the drivers serve the people with a rental vehicle.
Find more about Uber at https://www.uber.com/.
Curb is one of the famous ride-sharing platforms as it is available in 63 cities. It has been promoting the hired cars as well as the licensed taxis to facilitate the passengers. IT is quite expensive when compared to Uber and Lyft but can be a solution when you have to wonder for a ride on facilities the streets.
Find more about Curb at https://gocurb.com/.
Flywheel ( SF, LA, Sacramento, San Diego, Seattle)
Just as the name suggests, Flywheel is a TaxiOS app that uses local taxis or cabs to facilitate the users to find a ride. This app is a platform to order a ride where passengers don’t need to wait for a cab on the street. It facilitates the users through GPS tracking, and you can make payments through the application.
Find more about Flywheel at http://www.flywheel.com/.
Sidecar is available in eight cities of the United States. It aims to provide the lowest prices for a comfortable ride. This is available as an application on your smartphone where you can enter the destination, and the price is displayed with the ETA for the trip.
Find more about Sidecar at https://www.side.cr/.
Summon is a platform that matches the passengers in the Bay Area with personal and taxi rides. It was initially known as InstaCab, which offers a reasonable ride fare to the passengers. Unlike other sites, you can pre-book a service at Summons.
Find more about Summon at http://summon.com/.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Restore My Deleted Account?
You cannot restore your deleted Lyft account, but you can always rejoin by creating a new Lyft account.
Does Lyft have the provision for rating the driver?
Yes, you need to rate the driver and give them feedback after each ride which helps Lyft serve the passengers well. You can also see the driver’s rating when you request a ride.
What is Lyft Cash?
Lyft Cash is a payment method of adding money to your Lyft account, which you can pay for the Lyft rides. It facilitates making your weekly budgets for rides and drives.
How To Unsubscribe From Lyft Emails?
You can unsubscribe from the Lyft emails through their support page.
How can I use promo codes on Lyft?
You can claim the promotions using the promo codes in Lyft. However, promotions will be directly applied to your account based on the rewards you have earned so far.
Thus, Lyft is an emerging way of using the internet and smartphone for a comfortable ride in the busy hustling cities. Nevertheless, you can upgrade the rides with platforms serving similar facilities to the people.