IMVU is an online messaging platform that allows users to create 3D avatars, connect with people and chat with them using the upgraded 3D version messaging options. It is one of the largest avatar-based social networking sites where almost 7 million active users increase every month. It can be accessed through the site and mobile application, on both iOS and Android devices.
In addition to the interesting features like avatar-based chats, you can shop, share your experiences, hang out together and earn with virtual creation on this platform. Therefore, it boosts up one’s reach to social media where earning, learning and fun come within a package. However, you can delete the account anytime you want with the following step-by-step guideline using the web browser on your device:
- First, open the IMVU website through any browser and log in to your IMVU account.
You can directly open the deletion page of IMVU, and enter your account credentials.
- Then, click on “Continue” after entering your password.
Make sure you’ve logged in with the correct email address.
- Next, you’ll get a notification for the successful deletion of your account.
Note: You’ll get a reactivation link on your email address which can be saved for the future.
Features of IMVU Account
One of the best features of the IMVU site is their guidelines as terms of service on their website. The digital content information has a separate protocol that must be understood by the users before transactions. However, using the site is not as difficult as it sounds if you have a clear intention to enjoy a fun flexed chat.
Some of the unique features of the IMVU Account are as follows. The chat software enables you to enjoy almost all features as shown below once downloaded to your devices.
- Free sign up on the site
- Access to rooms with assignation as moderators
- Facility to shop for outfits and clothes
- Arrangement of furniture with a virtual tour
- Hear Music Mixes
- Access to Themed Rooms and enjoy the Public rooms
- Facility to relax with online friends and options to Get Matched, Shop Together and Walk Off
- Narrate Features for VIP/AP users
How To Delete IMVU Account Through The Website?
You can open the website through any web browser on your device and follow these steps to delete your IMVU account.
- First, open the IMVU closing page through any web browser on your desktop.
- Then, enter your email and password to log in to your account.
- Next, select the “Profile” icon displayed in the top right corner.
- After that, navigate and click on “Help Center.”
- Then, enter “How To Delete An Account” on the search engine displayed on the screen.
This takes you to the deletion page directly with your logged-in account.
- Next, the deletion page appears. Click on the link given on the page.
- After that, enter your password and click on “Continue.”
- Finally, the process is successful once you confirm the deletion through the email sent to you by IMVU.
How To Delete IMVU Account Through A Mobile Application?
IMVU mobile application is available for both iOS and Android devices, therefore, you may use these steps to delete your IMVU account through a mobile application.
- First, open the IMVU application on your phone and log in to your account.
- Then, select the “Account Webpage” which guides you to the deletion page.
- Next, enter your account details like name, email, and password.
- After that, confirm the deletion process by entering your password.
Click on “Continue” after entering the password.
- Finally, you’ll receive an email to authenticate your decision.
You need to confirm the deletion process through the email to end it successfully.
How To Delete IMVU Account Through A Phone Call?
You can also delete your IMVU account through phone calls where you need to use the internet to find the details beforehand.
- First, open the official website of IMVU and log in to your account through the website.
- Then, click on the “Settings” icon.
- Next, select “Help Centre” from the options displayed on the left side of the screen.
- After that, get the contact details from the “Customer Care Centre.” You can use the phone number and contact them anytime you like.
In addition to this, you can get the contact details directly from their website. IMVU has a telephone customer support line which leps you to delete your account. It is placed on their website under Help and Support.
Further, the contact details of IMVU is given in the following format on their website:
PO Box 2772
Redwood City, CA
How Can I Deactivate Or Disable My IMVU Account?
Precisely, there is no official procedure for deactivating or disabling your IMVU account. However, you can get back to your IMVU account after deleting them with the reactivation link sent to your email address. You need to delete your IMVU account first and the confirmation mail is sent to your email address. The data associated with your account gets deleted with the deletion of the account.
Nevertheless, this will not be removed immediately. The final confirmation of the deletion does not end within the website or mobile application. You need to confirm the deletion process through the email sent to you by IMVU. If you don’t confirm the deletion of your account through email, your account will just be disabled and you can get back to the account anytime you want with the reactivation link sent with the same email.
How To Delete Data Associated With Your IMVU Account?
Alternatives to IMVU
Owned and operated by a Finish company named Sulake, Haboo was founded in 2000 A.D. It has successfully expanded its online communities incorporating users from 150 different countries. It aims at engaging teens and young adults with fun game series at their site.
You can learn more about Haboo at https://www.habbo.com/
Second life is an online game that was developed and owned by Linden Lab, based in San Francisco. It was launched on June 23, 2003. It allows the users to take an online virtual tour.
You can learn more about Second Life at https://secondlife.com/
Woozworld is a virtual gaming community founded in 2010. It has a headquarter in Montreal, Quebec which allows teens to connect through their customizable profile and aids in social networking.
You can learn more about Woozworld at https://www.woozworld.com/
Enthropia Universe is a multiplayer online virtual game designed by MindArk, a Swedish software company based in Gothenburg. It was launched on January 30, 2003.
You can learn more about Enthropia Universe at https://www.entropiauniverse.com/
Just like the IMVU, Twinity is a 3D-based online virtual game that was developed by Metaversum GmbH. The site is held by ExitReality, currently, and allows the users known as Twinizens to explore the virtual versions of real-world cities.
You can learn more about Twinity at http://www.twinity.com/en/choose-your-free-avatar
Frequently Asked Questions
Is IMVU a free site?
Yes, it is a free site where you can create a stylish version of an avatar to represent yourself. However, the features within help you to earn, sell and enjoy the time as a user of IMVU.
How To Recover IMVU Account After Deleting It?
You can reactivate your account only if you haven’t confirmed the deletion through the email at the end of deleting procedure. If you have deleted it through email as well, you may email or contact the IMVU to reactivate your account.
Can everyone be an IMVU user?
NO, you must be at least 13 years old to create an IMVU account. There is separation as categorized for 13-17 years old and 18 years and above.
Is IMVU a safe site?
The site can come up with a lot of viruses and malware when downloaded to your devices. Ths, you need to be careful while using this.
Therefore, life cannot be boring when a site like this offers a virtual tour of the real world based on interesting facts and features such as avatars and 3D looks.