Spotify is doing great in launching various plans to make its music streaming service more affordable. From Spotify individual to the duo and family plans, there is surely a subscription that can fit your needs. But what if you encounter some problems with your Spotify family plan? You may not be able to set up your family account properly, or you are having issues with inviting family members. So, in this article, we will be discussing troubleshooting tips on Spotify family invites not working.
To troubleshoot the issue, you can follow the tips below:
- Check your internet connection.
- Accept the invitation the correct way.
- Retry/resend the invitation link.
- Cancel the premium plan.
- Join the invitation using a free account.
- Log out from all other Spotify accounts.
- Use incognito mode.
- Use another device.
- Check the address of the invitation.
- Disable VPN.
- Reach out To Spotify Support
You will be able to fix the problem by following the tips above. Read on to learn about all these fixes in detail.
Why Is Spotify Family Invite Not Working?
Are you having trouble inviting family members to join your Spotify family plan? There can be several reasons why the invite is not working. It could be due to a technical error on Spotify’s part, or there may be an issue with your internet connection.
In some cases, the problem may also lie in the way you are trying to invite your family members. For example, you may not be using the correct method to invite them or have already reached the maximum number of family members allowed on the plan.
Whatever the reason, it’s frustrating and inconvenient when you cannot invite your family members to join your Spotify family plan. It will be tough to try fixing the problem on your own without knowing what the issue is.
So, here are some possible reasons behind the Spotify family invite not working,
- Weak Internet Connection: The first thing you should check is your internet connection. A weak or unstable internet connection can cause many problems, including preventing you from sending invites to your family members. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try moving closer to the router to see if that helps improve the signal strength. If you are using a mobile data connection, try turning on the Wi-Fi and see if that makes any difference.
- Incorrect Invitation Method: Another possible reason why your invite may not be working is that you are using the incorrect method to send the invite. For example, you may be trying to invite your family members through the Spotify app instead of through the Spotify website. Or, you may be trying to invite them by sending them a link instead of using their email address. If this is the case, you will need to resend the invite using the correct method.
- Reached Maximum Number of Family Members: You may also not be able to invite your family members if you have already reached the maximum number of family members allowed on the plan. For example, the maximum number of family members on the Spotify family plan is six. So, if you have already added six members to your family account, you will not be able to add any more.
- Invitation Link Expired: If you have been trying to invite your family members for a while without any success, it is possible that the invitation link has expired.
- Spotify Is Having Technical Issues: In some cases, the problem may be on Spotify’s end and have nothing to do with you. If this is the case, there is not much you can do except wait for Spotify to fix the issue. You can check the SpotifyStatuspage to see if there are any reported issues that could be causing the problem.
- You are using a VPN: If you are using a VPN, it is possible that it is causing the problem. Try disabling the VPN and see if that makes any difference. All these are some common reasons why your Spotify family invite may not be working. If you are still having trouble after trying all the tips above, you can reach out to Spotify customer support for help.
So these are the most common reasons for Spotify family invite not working. Check what is causing the problem in your case and try to fix it. If you are still having trouble, reach out to Spotify customer support for help.
Troubleshoot Spotify Family Invite Not Working
You must have figured out why the invite is not working by now. It gets very easy to troubleshoot if you know the reasons. But that does not mean you won’t be able to fix the issue without knowing the root cause. In such cases, you can try all the tips until one of them works for you.
Here are a few things you can try if your invite is not working:
Check Your Internet Connection
This is the first and most important thing you should check. A bad or slow internet connection can be the reason your invite is not working. So, connect to a better and faster internet connection and then try sending the invite again.
Accept Invitation The Correct Way
When you receive an invitation, there are two ways to accept it. One is by clicking on the link present in the email or message. The other way is from your Spotify account.
It’s always better to use the Spotify website to accept the invitation. Cause you know, it’s easier to troubleshoot things on a website.
- Go to the Spotify website and click on Login in the top right corner.
- After that, enter your credentials and log in to your account.
- Now, go to Profile > Family, and here you will see the pending invitation.
- Simply click on Accept Invitation, and you are good to go.
Retry/Resend The Invitation Link
If clicking on the invite link doesnt work, then try resending it. Sometimes, the link expires before you can click on it. So, it’s always a good idea to ask the person who sent you the invite to resend it.
Cancel Premium Plan
If you have a Spotify premium account, then cancel it. And then try to join the family plan again. Because maybe you already have a premium account, and that’s why it’s not letting you join the family plan.
And since you are joining the family plan now, you won’t need two premium accounts.
Join The Invitation Using Free Account
You dont need a premium plan to accept the invitation. You can do it with a free account as well. So, use your free account to join the family plan.
Log Out From All Other Spotify Accounts
If you are logged into multiple accounts, then log out of all of them. And try joining the family plan with one account at a time. There is no point in being logged into multiple accounts anyway.
Use Incognito Mode
Sometimes, cookies and cache can also be the reason your invite isn’t working. So, open an incognito window in your browser and then try joining the family plan from there. This will make sure that none of your browsing data is interfering with the process.
Use Another Device
If you are trying to join the family plan from your phone, then try using a laptop or desktop. Because maybe there’s some issue with the app on your phone.
Check The Address Of The Invitation
Another thing you can do is check if you have entered the right email address. Sometimes, we make typos while entering our email addresses. So, check the address and then try joining the family plan again.
Are you using a VPN? If yes, then disable it. I know that VPN helps us stay anonymous online. But it can also be the reason your invite isn’t working. So, turn it off and then try joining the family plan again.
Contact Spotify Customer Support
This is the last thing you can do if none of the above tips work for you. Simply contact customer support and they will help you troubleshoot the issue.
Spotify Support is great, and they will definitely be able to help you out. So feel free to reach out to them.
How To Invite Your Family Members To Spotify Family?
If you think you didn’t send the invitation correctly or your family members are having trouble accepting the invite, you can easily resend it or send a new one. You know, sometimes you think you know something but you actually don’t. So, better to ask for help or read instructions carefully.
- Go to the Spotify website and then click on Login in the top right corner.
- After that, enter your credentials and log in to your account.
- Now, go to Profile > Family, and here you will see all the members of your family plan.
- Simply click on the three dots next to the person you want to invite and then click on Resend Invite.
That’s it. Now, all you have to do is wait for them to accept the invite. The person you invited will get an email with the link to join the family plan.
I have personally used Spotify for a long time, and I absolutely love it. It’s by far the best music streaming service out there. And their family plan is also great. I have not used the family plan yet, but I have heard great things about it.
Spotify is an amazing service, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good music streaming service.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Still have questions? Here are some frequently asked questions that might help you out.
Q: I am trying to join the family plan, but it’s not working. What should I do?
A: You can try troubleshooting the issue by following the tips in this blog post. If that doesn’t work, then you can contact Spotify customer support.
Q: How much does Spotify Family cost?
A: The Spotify Family plan costs $14.99 per month. This is for up to six family members.
Q: Can I join the family plan if I am not a premium member?
A: Yes, you can join the family plan even if you are not a premium member. However, you will only have access to the features of the free plan.
You should be able to fix the problem by now. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me or contact Spotify customer support. I hope this blog post helped you out. Thanks for reading! 🙂
Bye for now! 🙂