Snapchat is a platform for you to post pictures or snaps, as people call it. Do you sometimes click a snap that is so good that you want the world to see it? Or maybe you unfriend a person but do not want them to know about it. The only way to do this is by posting a public Snapchat story! Let us see how to make a public Snapchat story today!
To make a public Snapchat story, you need to first turn on your location setting, open Snapchat, and take a snap, put it to your story like you regularly would. Then, instead of using my story, use our story option, and press send! You are good to go now.
Let us check in detail what steps you should follow!
How To Make A Public Snapchat Story?
I have already told you in short about how to make a Snapchat story public. Now, let’s see what each step demands you to do so that you are able to reach more people! There are two ways to do so. Let’s find out how!
For Our Stories
The first way is to be selected by Snapchat itself. The way includes to be added in our stories:
Turn The Location Services On
If you want to post a public story, Snapchat will recognize it through your location. So, if you have location services on, Snapchat will find it in your area. The way you can turn location on in your respective devices can be different. Check it out!
For Android Devices
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find Location. Tap on it.
- Slide the switch to On. Notice that the color will change from gray to blue.
For iOS Devices
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and find Privacy. Tap on it.
- Tap on “Location Services.”
- Slide the switch to On. Notice that the color will change from gray to green.
Go to your home screen and tap on Snapchat. Moreover, the yellow and white friendly ghost icon is your buddy for the public snaps.
Take The Snap
You can tap the circular capture button when you have the desired picture-perfect snap. For videos, you can tap long or hold the capture button. If you want to keep in some filters for those cute snaps, you should slide right.
Moreover, if Snapchat does not read your face, long tap on your forehead and then slide right to use the filters.
- To make your snap go public on Snapchat, select the best of the best. You should make sure you create a one-of-a-kind snap, i.e., an interesting one!
- If your Snap gets to the Our Story, thousands of people can view it.
Tap On The Send Icon
Once you are ready with your snap, just tap on the bottom right corner of the screen that says send.
Select Our Story
After you tap on send, select “Our story.” You will know it is selected once the checkmark appears. Keep in mind that you can choose only one. So, the curators at Snapchat will make the decision of which story goes on their public domain.
Tap On Okay
As soon as you tap on our story, a permission dialogue box will open. Tap on, Okay. Likewise, this might only appear for the first time you post a public story.
Tap on send at the bottom right corner of the screen.
For Normal Story Gone Public
The normal story to be gone public is a faster way to reach more people as you do not have to get selected. Here are the steps that you can take:
- Open Snapchat
- After that, tap on the profile icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Locate “Add My Story” and click on the three horizontal dots.
- Then, go to “story settings.”
- You will see three options:
– Everyone can view
– Only My Friends can view
- Click on Everyone can view.
- “Changing your My Story settings will apply to all future Snaps you add” box will appear on your screen.
- Tap on Okay.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Know Your Story Is Selected For Public?
Your Snap may or may not be selected by Snapchat for a public story. But, if you post an interesting one, it will appear on “My Story” with the name of the story. You can also see how many times your story has been shared or viewed.
Can Anyone View Your Location If Your Snapchat Story Is Public?
Yes, your location is open to all if you open the location settings before you put the snap to be viewed by all! However, if you do not want your location to be seen, you can post your snap by turning the location off.
You can find it in your settings and slide it left, so it turns gray.
When Should You Go Public?
You should go public if:
- You can get an interesting idea to share with everyone.
- If you want to raise awareness about a certain topic
- Oops! You have unfriended some of the people on your friend list, and you do not want them to figure it out!
- Just for the idea of more views and shares.
So, this is how you can keep your Snapchat public story. The two ways are perfectly easy ways to put your story out in the Snapchat world! Besides, we hope you have fun viewing the shares and views on your Snapchat Story!
If you have any queries, then you can drop them down in the comment section below! You can also share your experience on a fun public story you added on Snapchat!