WhatsApp is a popular instant messaging app used by people all around the globe for personal or professional purposes. All WhatsApp users use the app for instant texts and calls. But did you know that you can also send documents on WhatsApp? The latest update lets you send your important files and documents on WhatsApp.
The document feature on WhatsApp has made sending documents easier as you don’t need any Email. To be able to send documents on WhatsApp, you must first update your app. Then, you can send documents on WhatsApp by launching WhatsApp> Select Chat> Paperclip icon> Documents.
This article will teach us how to send files or documents on WhatsApp from our phones and desktop.
What Kind Of Documents Can You Send On WhatsApp?
It is now possible to send any files or documents on WhatsApp. The new Document feature allows you to send any files on WhatsApp that don’t exceed 100MB.
As of now, it supports formats like PDF, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, etc. However, WhatsApp is testing sending any kinds of files, which means you might be able to send RTF, Xls, CSV, zip files, and even Android and iOS applications shortly.
How To Send Documents On WhatsApp From Your Phone?
The first thing you need to do to send documents on WhatsApp is to upgrade the app. You can update your app by opening Google Play(for Android) or App Store(for iOS).
If you are using the latest version of the app, follow these steps to send documents on WhatsApp:
- First, launch WhatsApp on your phone.
- Then, from the Chats screen, select a chat or contact you want to share the Document with.
- Then, tap on the file attachment icon (paperclip icon) from the bottom right corner of the message bar.
- From the menu, tap on the Document option.
You will see all the documents available locally on your phone. From the list, tap on the file you want to share.
After you select the Document, WhatsApp will send a confirmation pop-up. Click on Send to send your documents.
How To Send Documents On WhatsApp From Your Desktop?
WhatsApp released a desktop app version for windows and mac, enabling you to use the official WhatsApp app from your computer. Likewise, you can also use the web version of WhatsApp: WhatsApp Web. Like the phone version, the desktop app also has the functionality to receive and send documents on WhatsApp.
Here’s how you can send documents on WhatsApp from your desktop:
- First, mirror WhatsApp on your desktop by scanning the QR code from your phone.
- You will see a chat list on your WhatsApp screen like on your phone.
- From the screen, open the chat where you want to share your documents.
- Then, click the paper clip icon at the bottom of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, tap on Document and select the file you want to send.
This way, you can send documents on WhatsApp from your desktop. Sending files on WhatsApp via desktop is more convenient as most people usually store their important documents on their PCs rather than phones.
How To Forward Documents On WhatsApp?
You can not only send documents on WhatsApp but also forward them from one chat to another.
To forward documents on WhatsApp:
- First, open the chat that contains ins Document you want to forward.
- Then, tap and hold the Document or multiple documents you want to forward.
- Then, tap Forward; the outwards arrow button.
- Now, WhatsApp will show you a list of chats. Select the chat you want to forward the Document to.
- Finally, click on Send.
The contact you forwarded any text or documents will receive a “forwarded” label above the texts or media.
Here are answers to some related questions on the internet.
Can You Send Other Media On WhatsApp?
Yes, along with documents, you can send various other media like photos, videos, audio, location, and contact on WhatsApp.
You can attach all media through the paper clip icon.
Can You Send Links On WhatsApp?
Yes, you can send various links on WhatsApp. However, WhatsApp doesn’t have a feature where you can directly attach links.
You can send links on WhatsApp by copying them and pasting them on the WhatsApp message bar.
In conclusion, WhatsApp now allows you to send documents to each other on the app. It has made it possible to share important documents in private from the comfort of your own hands.
Various other WhatsApp features try and make your day-to-day activities easy. So stay tuned to learn a lot about this wonderful app.
Feel free to comment down below in case of any queries.