Sometimes, you must clear WhatsApp call history on iPhone and Android to delete private calls or clear long call data in WhatsApp. WhatsApp, by default, offers a simple feature to clear the call history on Android and iOS.
To clear WhatsApp Call history on your iPhone, you need to open the Calls tab and tap on the Edit button. As you tap the Edit option, another option, Clear, appears on the right side of the screen. Tap the Clear option and confirm the message that pops up on the screen to clear WhatsApp Call history on iPhone.
To clear WhatsApp call history in Android, open WhatsApp and go to the calls tab. Then, tap the three-buttoned icon on the right top corner of the screen and tap Clear call log. Then, tap OK on the confirmation message that appears.
Let’s have a detailed view of how to clear WhatsApp call history on iPhone and Android. First, look at the step-to-step guide to clear WhatsApp call history.
How To Clear WhatsApp Call History On iPhone
The WhatsApp features in Android and iPhone are different in terms of settings. But users can clear WhatsApp call history with one tap, even on iPhone.
The WhatsApp inbuilt feature on iOS helps clear WhatsApp call history in one shot.
To clear WhatsApp Call history on your iPhone, follow the following steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone from the App drawer.
- Once you open WhatsApp, tap on the Calls tab on the bottom left of the screen.
- Then, all the calls, and missed calls, are displayed on the screen. To clear WhatsApp call history, tap on the Edit option at the top left of the screen.
- As you tap the Edit option, a Clear option will appear at the top left corner of the screen.
A pop-up message appears on the screen as you tap the Clear option.
- Next, tap on the Clear Call History option followed by Done to clear WhatsApp call history on iPhone.
Thus, by following simple, easy steps, you can easily clear your iPhone’s call history. Once you clear your WhatsApp call history, all the shreds of evidence of your outgoing, incoming, and missed calls are deleted.
How To Clear WhatsApp Call History On Android
Like iPhone, Android offers a feature to clear WhatsApp call history with a single tap in one shot. In Android, the entire call history is displayed under the Calls tab.
To clear WhatsApp call history on Android in one tap:
- First, open the WhatsApp app from the App drawer.
- Then, tap on the Calls tab at the top right on the App home screen.
All the call history, along with the details, appear on the screen.
- Then, tap on the three-dotted icon at the top right of the screen to display the clear option.
- Once you tap on the three-dotted icon, a list of options appears from which tap the Clear call log option.
- A pop-up message to confirm deleting the entire call log will appear on the screen. Tap on OK to clear WhatsApp Call history.
The above steps will clear your entire WhatsApp call history in one go on Android.
How To Clear WhatsApp Call History One By One On iPhone
Sometimes you need to clear certain call history rather than the entire call log. To do so, you have to follow slightly different steps than the previous ones.
To clear WhatsApp call history one by one on iPhone:
- First, launch the WhatsApp app from the App drawer.
- Then tap on the Calls icon at the bottom left of the screen.
The list of calls will appear on the screen wherein you must choose the specific call you need to delete.
- Then, tap on the Edit icon at the top left of the screen.
As you tap the edit icon at the top of the screen, a minus (-) sign will appear on the side of each call in the entire call log.
- Then, swipe left the specific call you want to delete.
A delete option will appear on the right side of the call.
- Tap the delete option to clear the specific call from the call logs.
Once familiar with the above steps, you can repeat each step to clear individual calls whenever you wish.
How To Clear WhatsApp Call History One By One On Android
WhatsApp offers an inbuilt feature to delete a single specific call rather than the entire call log. In Android, the steps vary from iOS devices as the options in the application are slightly different.
To clear WhatsApp call history one by one on an Android device:
- First, launch the WhatsApp app from the App drawer.
- Then, go to the Calls tab on the screen’s top-right side.
The entire call log displays incoming, outgoing, and missed calls on the screen.
- Tap and hold the specific call you wish to clear from the call log.
As you tap and hold, a bin icon will appear at the top right.
- Tap the bin icon at the top right of the screen to clear the specific call from the call log.
You can tap and hold multiple calls to delete at one tap.
These simple steps will allow you to delete individual-specific calls from the entire WhatsApp call log.
While knowing how to clear WhatsApp call history on iPhone and Android, many questions may arise in your mind. Surf the below listed questions to answer your query.
Can You Clear WhatsApp Call History From Both Sides?
No, WhatsApp does not enable a user to delete call history from the caller’s end. You can only clear the WhatsApp history from your end by performing the abovementioned steps.
Unlike WhatsApp messages, which users can delete from both sides of the chat within an hour, users cannot delete WhatsApp calls from both ends of the call.
Does WhatsApp Call History Have A Backup?
By default, WhatsApp has a backup feature that allows users to save their WhatsApp data daily. You can disable the backup option from Settings in WhatsApp. You can recover the backup data using various apps available in PlayStore.
Does Clearing Phone Call History Clear WhatsApp Call History?
No, WhatsApp is a separate app and has no link with the phone’s call history. So even if you clear your phone’s call history, the WhatsApp call history is not affected.
How To Disable Call Log In WhatsApp?
No, one cannot disable call logs in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. However, you can clear your WhatsApp call history to erase the call log from time to time.
Where Is Call Log Visible In WhatsApp?
Call log in WhatsApp is visible under the Calls tab available on Android’s top bar and the bottom bar on iPhone. Once you tap the calls tab, the entire call list is available, along with the time, type of call, and duration.
Is WhatsApp Missed Call Visible In Call Logs?
Yes, WhatsApp missed calls are visible in the call log. In addition, the entire list of calls is visible in the call tab. In iOS, the missed calls are displayed under a separate tab, and users can easily locate missed calls.
Under the calls tab, the WhatsApp calls are visible along with the time and call duration details.
How To Clear WhatsApp Chats Permanently?
Like WhatsApp calls, you can permanently delete the WhatsApp chats with one tap. In addition, you can delete the entire chat threads on WhatsApp by simply launching the app. Then go to Settings→ Chats → Chat history → Clear All Chats → Clear Messages.
Following the steps, the entire chats on WhatsApp are deleted.
Following simple steps, users can clear WhatsApp Call history on iPhone and Android. Clearing the WhatsApp call history helps you delete unwanted calls and maintain privacy. WhatsApp calls to give details about the type of call, the time duration, and the frequency of the call. Feel free to erase the details of your calls to avoid people tracking your recent activity.