Hey there. So you’re here because you want to know how to log in to your Discord account. I guess you are new to Discord, or maybe you are trying to login to your Discord account from a new device. Well, either way, it is straightforward, and I will help you out.
Follow these steps to log into your Discord account:
- Go to the official site of Discord or open the Discord app.
- You will see a long login form.
- Enter your Discord email address or phone number in the first field. You can also login with an existing Google, Facebook, Xbox Live account etc., but it’s not recommended as they are less secure ways to login into apps/websites.
- Then enter your password and complete captcha verification if any.
- If you have enabled two-factor authentication (in case you don’t know what it is, Google “Two-Factor Authentication”), then enter the verification code.
- Click on the “Login” button and that’s all. You’ve successfully logged into your Discord account!
Keep reading to learn more about logging in to Discord.
Discord In A Glance
First of all, let’s glance at what Discord is and why we need it.
It’s a free, secure voice & text chat app for gamers who want to connect with their friends while playing video games online. The best thing about this software is that it has some fantastic features which you will love!
Discord offers push-to-talk voice messaging so you can communicate with your team as if you were there in person. With Discord, you can also create private groups and customize the chat background to suit your mood! In addition, the set of emoticons, emojis, and GIFs will take your chat experience to a whole new level.
Discord also allows you to host group video calls as well as screen sharing. The best part is that Discord servers are not limited only to gamers – businesses, schools, and other organizations have been using it since its launch. You can even create a server for free without any charges or limitations on the number of people who will join it!
Using this app is very simple and fun because of its user-friendly interface, making it a one-stop solution for all your communication needs. So, if you are thinking of joining a Discord server – do it now.
How To Login To Discord Account?
Except for the time you create your Discord account, you will need to log in every time before using this app. There are three ways of logging into your Discord account:
- using the official website
- Chrome browser extension (not recommended)
- mobile app (recommended)
Let’s see how it works on each platform:
Login To Discord From The Official Website
You don’t need to have the Discord app installed on your computer to login to Discord. Instead, you can easily use it in the web browser, just like any other website.
Without any further ado, follow the steps below:
- Open a web-browser and visit the official Discord site.
- You will see a page like this where you will have to enter your login credentials.
- In the first field, enter the email address or phone number you used to sign up for Discord.
- Enter your password in the second field and click on the “Login” button. That’s it!
- If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Discord account, then enter the verification code and click on the “Login” button. You might as well solve the CAPTCHA.
Note: You can also login to Discord by scanning the QR code for your Discord account.
Don’t worry if you don’t see a captcha window – it’s because we have an extension installed in our browser which automatically solves such captchas so that we can log in to any website without difficulties.
Login To Discord Using The Chrome Browser Extension
Discord is also available as a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera browsers. The only limitation of this method is that you can’t use it on different devices simultaneously because the same extension needs to be installed in all of your web browsers where you want to login into your account using the password or two-factor authentication.
To login into your Discord account using this method, follow these steps:
- Click on the Discord icon which you can find near your address bar.
- Then, enter your email address or username in the first field and your password in the second one.
- After doing this, click on the “Login” button.
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, then enter the verification code and proceed to step 5.
- Finally, click on the “Login” button and you are done.
I would not recommend this method for those users who use Discord on several different devices simultaneously, as it is not possible to use the same extension on two different devices simultaneously.
Login To Discord Using The Mobile App
Using the Discord app is much more fun and easy than logging in from a computer. The best part about it is that you can use your account simultaneously on multiple devices, including mobile, tablet, or PC/Mac/Linux computers, without any limitations.
Here is a step-wise guide on how to login to a Discord account using the app:
- The first thing that you need to do is download the Discord app from Google Play Store, Apple App store or Microsoft Store.
- After doing this, open the Discord application.
- Enter your email address or username in the first field.
- Then, enter your password in the second one and tap “Login.”
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, then you will have to use a verification code for logging into Discord account using this method as well.
- Finally click on the green checkmark button that appears near “Login” text.
Then, you will successfully login into your Discord account using the app. After that, you can enjoy gaming chat, participate in servers and voice chat with your friends.
How To Log Out Of Discord?
It is important to log out of your Discord account as soon as you finish using it to avoid unauthorized access. Logging out of Discord is crucial to keeping your account safe from hackers and spammers.
Logging out of Discord is easy, and it doesn’t require any complicated steps.
To log out of Discord, follow these instructions:
- Open Discord if you haven’t already.
- Then, click/tap on the “User Settings” icon which you can find at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now, you will see the “Log Out” button in the left menu panel.
- Click/tap on it and you will be logged out of Discord.
Why Am I Not Able To Login To Discord?
Are you having trouble with logging in to Discord? Well, there can be many different reasons for this issue. However, one of the most common reasons is that you might have entered an incorrect password or email address while logging into your account.
Here are some other possible reasons:
- You aren’t using a supported web browser (Chrome and Firefox browsers work best).
- Two-factor authentication is enabled.
- You are trying to login into your account from an unsupported country.
- You are not connected to the internet.
- You are using an outdated version of Discord.
Troubleshoot Login Issues
Sometimes, you might not be able to log into your account even if the problem is with any of these factors mentioned above.
In that case, it’s best to look for more information on the internet and see how other people are dealing with this issue.
Here are some suggestions:
- Check your internet connection. Make sure that you are connected to the web and try again later if it’s still not working.
- Make sure two-factor authentication is disabled in case of any errors when logging into Discord account using app or browser extension. If this method does not work for you, then enable it back on once again.
- Make sure that you are using a supported web browser and try your luck with other browsers if it’s still not working for you.
- If the problem is with two-factor authentication, then disable it temporarily using these steps: “Open Discord > User Settings icon > Two Factor Authorization > Disable.” Now enter your password in order to disable it. Once you are logged in, go back to the Two Factor Auth menu and re-enter your password again in order to enable two-factor authentication on the Discord account once more.
- Ensure you are using the correct login details and try again.
For details, read How to Fix Discord Won’t Open Problem
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
I have answered a few of your queries regarding logging in to Discord below:
Can You Login To Discord With Username?
Yes, you can log in to Discord with your username instead of your email address. However, please ensure that you are using the correct username while trying to log in.
Can You Login Using Phone Number On Discord?
Yes, Discord allows people to use their phone numbers for verification purposes so that they can authenticate themselves on the messaging platform. However, if this doesn’t work, you might have entered your mobile number incorrectly or perhaps blocked by Discord.
Is It Safe To Login To Discord?
Yes, logging in to Discord is as secure as you want it to be, and the company itself guarantees a high level of security for its users. You can enable two-factor authentication or any other security feature that makes your account safer and protected from hackers and spammers online.
I hope this guide has been helpful to you, and you are now able to login into your Discord account without any problem.
If you still face issues with logging in, then double-check the problem is not with your internet connection or any other factors mentioned above. Also, drop a comment about your problem, and I will surely try to help you as soon as possible.