Are you looking for a platform to communicate with your friends while you game? Do you want to be a part of communities and groups that share the same interests as you? Well, look no more. Discord is exactly what you need.
Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed for gamers who like to communicate while playing games with others online. You can use Discord to chat with your friends, create a server, and join other servers as well. You can create your discord account easily and get started.
To create a discord account, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and go to https://discord.com/register.
- Fill in the form with your information.
- Now, click the blue “Continue” button.
- Verify your Discord account by your email.
- Finally, click the “Get Started” button on the welcome screen and it’s done.
Start using your Discord account for communication.
Keep reading to learn how to create a discord account using the Discord app and many more.
What Is Discord?
First thing first, let’s learn what Discord is.
Discord is a free voice and text chat app designed for gamers who like to communicate while playing games with others online. It is one of the best communication apps for gamers who want to connect with their teammates or opponents while playing games online. You can use it to communicate in an effective manner without any interruptions from ads, pop-ups, etc. It’s available for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Discord is a simple app with a text chat feature for gamers that provides voice channels as well. The platform also allows you to create servers so that users can connect through the server’s unique link while playing games online. This way it becomes easy for them to communicate in real-time during their gameplay because most gamers play high graphics games which normally take a lot of time.
It has some great features that will give you an amazing experience while using Discord for communicating with others, here are they:
Features Of Discord
The following are the main features of Discord:
- Easy to use- The app is extremely easy to use without any registration fee.
- Free to use- It’s a free app for all users.
- Cross-platform availability- The Discord is available on Windows, iOS, macOS and Android devices which makes it easily accessible by different users across the globe.
- Text and voice chat- The app offers free text and voice chats.
- Create servers- You can create your own server with your friends and community members to stay connected all the time.
- Join other servers as well- Apart from creating a Discord server, you can join any public server that is available on discordapp.com/servers too.
- Join multiple servers at the same time- You can join more than one Discord server with your account simultaneously, so you never miss out on anything important.
- Create private channels- The app offers a chat channel feature to users to create their own community or group for discussions and interactions among members only. Each member has his/her role in the private channels.
- Create invite links- You can create an invitation link to your Discord server and share it with others for joining the community. Or you can join other servers by clicking on their respective invitations too, thus creating a chain of creating multiple servers or communities at once.
These were some features that will make you fall in love with this app. In the next section, we will learn how to create a Discord account and get started.
How To Create A Discord Account?
Discord is available for all major platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices. You can use any of your favorite operating systems (OS) or devices to start using this amazing communication platform that makes it easy for gamers to connect with each other.
To create a Discord account, follow these steps-
Create a Discard Acount Using App:
You can create a Discord account using the app for your respective OS or device. Just follow these simple steps to get started-
- Download the Discord app on your device.
- Launch the Discord app and then navigate to login or sign up option.
- Now click/tap on the “create account” option to proceed further. You can also use your Google, Facebook, Xbox Live, etc account for logging in too.
- Enter your desired username, email address and password to create your account.
- Once you are done with the above steps, click on “create account” option.
- You must receive a verification email on your email address which you used to register.
- Click on the verification link and start using your Discord account now.
That’s it. Now you can start using this amazing app for creating your own community or group on the discord server.
I am certain that you will be able to create a Discord account without any difficulty by following this guide. But, in case you are not able to create your Discord account on its app for any reason, you can always go for a browser.
Create A Discord Account Using Browser:
All the major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari also support the Discord platform to create an account without any hassle. Here’s how-
- Open your browser and visit https://discord.com/register.
- You might see a log-in screen on the browser, enter your desired username and password, and other required details for creating your Discord account.
- Now, click on the “continue” option to proceed further. You can also use Facebook or Google accounts too in case you don’t have any other email address.
- Then, solve the CAPTCHA if it appears and verifies that you are not a robot.
- The next step is very crucial i.e., verifying your email address. You must receive a verification email to your inbox.
- Once you have verified your account, click on the link and start using Discord for communicating with other gamers across the globe in real-time.
Have fun communicating while playing games with your friends and other gamers across the globe.
Create A Discord Server:
Discord Server is a place where gamers join together to discuss games or anything under the sun. You can also create your own server for communicating with other players across the globe in real-time.
To start using Discord Server, follow these steps-
- Open the Discord app on your device and then click on the “Server” button at the top left corner of the window.
- Now, click/tap on the “Create a Server” option to start creating your own Discord server.
- Type the name of your server and select an avatar for it. Also, enter its description in a few simple words i.e., what does this server is all about?
- Once you are done with these steps, click on create button to proceed further.
That’s it! You have successfully created your own Discord server and can start using this amazing communication platform today.
How To Login To Discord
Once you have created your own server and registered on discord, you will need to login in order to access it.
To log in to your Discord account, follow these steps-
- Launch the Discord app or discord website on your device and then click or tap on login button at the top left corner of the window.
- Enter your username or email address along with the password that you have created while registering for creating an account.
- Finally, click on the “Sign in” button and you will be logged into your Discord account.
That’s it! You can now chat with other gamers, participate in discussions and do a lot more things using this amazing app today. You must also create an online presence by joining different servers that match your interests along with sharing content like images or videos or audios.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
In this section, I have tried to address some of your questions related to Discord. Let’s have a look at them-
What Are The System Requirements For Using Discord?
The discord app is compatible with almost every device, operating system, and browser including Windows PC, Android, iOS, etc. So no matter which device you use or what OS it runs on your computer/laptop, you can install the discord app on your device and start using it immediately.
What Are Some Of The Best Discord Bots?
Some amazing Discord bots that you must try include Dyno bot, Nightbot, etc. These powerful tools will help you do a lot more things right from customizing your server to moderating chats with ease without any difficulty.
How To Log Out Of Discord?
Logging out of any platform is necessary to protect your privacy and data. You can log out of Discord by following these steps-
- Open Discord.
- Click on “User Settings.”
- From the left menu panel, find and click “Log Out.”
- Confirm your action by selecting the “Log Out” button again.
So, this was all about creating an account on Discord. I have tried to include the basics of the app along with some of its most amazing features. Now, it is your turn to create an account and start using this incredible communication platform today!
If you have any questions about Discord, feel free to ask in the comment section below. I will try my best to answer your questions as soon as possible!
Take care, you guys!